Geotechnical Field Technician
Earth Solutions NW, LLC (ESNW) is currently accepting resumes for Geology, Civil Engineering (with a geotechnical emphasis), and Earth Science majors for the position of Geotechnical Field Technician for our commercial and residential construction projects. Experienced field technicians are also encouraged to apply.
Some of the position requirements and responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform observation and compaction testing (with nuclear density gauge) of earthwork construction, such as structural fill placement for building pads, building foundations, and utility trench backfill.
- Collect and transport soil samples for laboratory analysis, which requires the ability to carry 35 to 50 pounds.
- Observe and document various construction aspects, such as slope stability, rockery construction, block wall construction, roadway construction, and curb/sidewalk placement.
- Observe and document foundation and/or excavation activities, such as underground excavations/deep foundations with soldier pile shoring and wood lagging, foundation pin piles, aggregate piles, etc.
- Observe site erosion control measures and test turbidity/pH of stormwater.
- Prepare field reports summarizing field observations and testing results, due on a daily basis. Field reports must be written in a professional, coherent, and technically competent manner.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with contractors and project managers/staff.
- Be able and willing to work in conjunction with typical construction hours, which may be as long as 7 am to 7 pm in the summertime. Work is occasionally available on the weekends or overnight. Overtime hours are also available.
- Drive personal car/truck to complete job assignments. Personal vehicles must have the capability to store nuclear density gauge and equipment.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Compensation: $23.00/hr to $35.00/hr, depending on education and experience.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the bonus program.
- Mileage reimbursement is provided.
- Full-Time Employee Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance; Accrued paid time off (PTO); 7
Paid Holidays; and Simple IRA with match.
Please email resume to Lewisc@esnw.com